One of the things we love about Miami is that the Sun is always shining and swimsuit season is year ’round.
We are constantly reminded to put on sunscreen, wear hats and stay in the shade. While these are EXTREMELY important and valuable suggestions, we want to clear up so of the Do’s and Don’ts when it comes to the Sun.
- Wear sunscreen- at least an SPF 30 with both UVA and UVB protection.
- The best sunscreens contain Zinc, Titanium dioxide and Avobenzone.
- Wear sport-safe SPF. AKA water and sweat resistant sunscreen.
- Spend time in direct sun exposure.
- Spending time in the Sun increases your body’s Vitamin D production which is essential to our health.
- Protect you hair by applying a mineral spray or leave-in conditioner. The Sun can damage your luscious locks.
- Protect your lips with a chapstick that has SPF.
- Don’t be fooled by cloudy days.
- UVA rays can travel through clouds and cause burns.
- Don’t use sunscreens with SPF’s higher than 50.
- Despite popular belief SPF’s higher than 30-50 do NOT offer higher protection.
- Don’t use just any type of sunscreen on babies and toddlers. Make sure they are made for babies and sensitive skin types.
- Don’t panic if you do get a sunburn.
- Nothing moisturizers and cold baths can’t help.
Nothing is better than fun in the Sun! Just keep these Do’s and Don’ts in mind and ENJOY!