Spring Break is finally here! As everyone flocks to our beautiful Miami beaches and pools, it’s easy to forget how easy it is for accidents to happen. Don’t ruin your spring break by adhering to these simple tips:
- Bring and drink A LOT of water. It’s hot, sunny, and there’s a very limited amount of (fresh) water at the beach. By the way, don’t drink the salt water.
- Bring and apply A LOT of sunblock. There’s nothing worse than having your skin peel off after getting a sunburn.
- Keep your valuables safe. Don’t wear any jewelry at the beach, and leave anything you don’t want stolen at home. If you must bring something with you, keep it on you at all times (fanny pack?) or with someone you can trust.
- Listen to the lifeguards (especially if they’re Aquassurance lifeguards). Spring break is one of the busiest and most stressful time for them. Don’t be a jerk.
- Beware of marine life. That cute little floating ball with tentacles isn’t as harmless as you’d think.
- Alcohol, thousands of people, and bodies of water don’t mix very well. Drink responsibly.
There you have it. Follow these tips and you’re on your way to having the best spring break of your life. Stay safe, my friends.